Saturday, February 27, 2010

Reality check

We got some photos taken for medical records back today. I look horrific, even in shots taken as recently as yesterday. It made me sad. Not because I look disfigured; no doubt I do, but because it was a brutal and stark reminder of how horrific this accident was and still is.

That's why all of your support means so much to me. Thank you. It would be very easy to give in to depression.

--K--

PS: I don't intend to keep looking at the photos but it's actually been an unexpectedly positive experience. It's a little too easy for me to deny the seriousness of what happened. The reality check, and pausing to feel sad (but not immersing myself in it), are good, and healing.

4 comments:

  1. Reminder...no matter what you see in the pictures you are still prettier then the Queen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of the time when....Omygosh, I've never gone through anything like this. I know you have your really bad moments, but your warmth and humor and wonderful descriptions of your experiences help me capture your life right now. Thanks so much for continuing this blog. And STOP looking at the pictures. Doug B

    ReplyDelete
  3. hugs and healing.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roz Said:

    No matter what you "look like" at this point in time you are one beautiful person in every way! Love and hugs

    ReplyDelete