Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Do not try this at home!

I guess I was becoming too confident about my syringe eating technique. I decided to take it a step further by creating a meal (kind of). So I cooked oatmeal and yogurt on the handy in-room mini coffeemaker. Then I took a syringe bite.

What I discovered was that, instead of going into my mouth, it just put up a big wall of oatmeal paste outside of 1/2 of my mouth, thereby blocking off 1/2 of my airspace. So I then proceeded to frantically spit and brush the stuff off of my teeth and onto anything I was wearing and the floor. Very attractive move.

We are now returning to our culinary favorites and letting oatmeal retire for about 8 weeks, unless it's been blenderized beyond recognition.

--K--

5 comments:

  1. KIm and I are thinking about you and hoping that you will be breathing out of your nose soon. We saw a Segway store in Richmond and booed at it.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think "Bass-o-matic"

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICuxBf1Ieu4

    (watch other "Will it blend" videos... they're great...)

    --David

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen:

    OMG, are you the person who said, "Hold my beer, watch this"?

    -Bill

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just had to have the goop didn't you?
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  5. O dear friend. I know this isvway past the time u have been going through this, but your story encourages me. I am not nearly as and as you were... Reminding me I truly ave something to be grateful for. Although I did actually throw up wired shut this past Monday, I can relate to not being able to breath and freaking out. I am so blessed I found your blog... I look forward to more reading!

    ReplyDelete