Saturday, May 29, 2010

More fun

So, imagine my "shock and awe" (with thanks to my friend Adam for coming up with the clever name "Shock and Jaw" for his online blog about a broken jaw that resulted from a bike accident) when I opened a recent letter from my insurance company letting me know they were denying coverage for the charges from my hospital bill. Trust me, this is a big $$ number. I started calling on Friday and was directed to branches of the insurer in three states, each of whom had a slightly different tale to tell.

At the moment, however, it sounds like the problem may not be the insurance company. The hospital already billed the insurer and they already paid that bill a month or two ago. This seems to be a new set of large bills.

Since we're now in a holiday weekend, not much I can do at the moment. I'm sure the fun will continue for awhile. Stay tuned.

In the meantime, I went to see a dentist about my sore teeth and misaligned bite. I was looking forward to addressing this because it had developed into a chronic achiness that was reasonably unpleasant. The dentist had some emergency that day, however, and needed to reschedule. I went to another dentist instead.

Ahhhh! Some relief! He drilled some of the teeth, rechecking my bite as he worked. My teeth feel much better. Still sore but much less so. My bite is still misaligned, but he wanted to take a conservative approach, so I'll see him again in a few weeks or so.

Nasal surgery in 13 days!

--K--

1 comment:

  1. If there's one thing I've learned from my time spent on the phone talking with billing people and insurance reps, it's "Never assume somebody knows what's going on." You might be thoroughly confused, but the person on the other end of the phone may be even more so. I think I could have saved at least a couple of hours if I'd realized sooner that my insurance company mistakenly thought that my oral surgeon was in their network.

    Good luck with the nasal surgery!

    ReplyDelete