Monday, May 17, 2010

And back by popular demand...

I fell down on the blogging job. Several friends and family members asked what was up, which prodded me to log on and write tonight.

The main reason for my lack of updates is...well...lack of updates. How many times can I say, "I really wish I could breathe through my nose?"; "My teeth and lips hurt."; etc.?

That being said...I do wish my teeth and lips would stop hurting. My teeth being sore may be a function of still needing to have my dentist try to fix the bite issues. I had an appointment for this last week, but I was in the middle of so many deadlines at work that it seemed more stressful not to reschedule. I didn't know it would start to get under my skin as much as it has. The dentist appointment is now next week, and I won't change it.

My lips...I guess lips just have a lot of nerve endings and take a really long time to heal completely. I'll ask the ENT surgeon when I have the nasal surgery. Which is scheduled for June 10.

As much as I want to be able to breathe through my nose again easily, I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY don't want to go through the surgery. Not up for more pain and feeling uncomfortable.

The nasal surgery is hardly a big deal, certainly in contrast to resetting my nose and jaw and the 8 weeks of recovery that involved. From what I understand, I'll be encased in bandages and packing for a week. After they're removed, I should be a lot more comfortable but still need another week of heavy recovery time. Still, I would be happy to skip it altogether.

So, with all that, how am I doing? Great, in fact. My energy level is really good. I'm working full-time (and then some) and regularly enjoying activities with family and friends. The weather has been beautiful, and I'm taking advantage of it by going for walks...and I don't have to worry about cold fingers and toes and jaw wires.

Oy...the wires. I DO NOT MISS THE WIRES!!! Pancakes are much better not in a syringe. :-)

--K--

1 comment:

  1. Karen,
    Good to hear(read) you again! Good to know that you are doing well and that food has become more than just fuel again for you.

    Take care and keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete