Wednesday, June 9, 2010

5...4...3...2...

Well, at this time tomorrow, I'll be either still in pre-op tests (bloodwork, etc.) or in the middle of nasal surgery. The fun starts at 6 AM. At this point, I'm very ready for it to be over with. I'll go home with a lot of gauze and cotton in my nose and a splint and bandages outside.

I'm really looking forward to a week or so later when the packing is removed, and I can (ideally) breathe better again. And for the splint to be taken off because, at minimum, that is going to make for some weird tan lines.

My teeth still hurt, though less than before the dentist worked on them. And my bite is still very off. I have a nightguard I was using (ok...supposed to be using...) before the accident and it doesn't fit at all now. My bite adjustment still has some corrections to go. But, that being said, the latter two are in more of the "annoying" category and not the "chronic pain" category in which they had been living for awhile.

Here's to being on the home stretch!

--K--

No comments:

Post a Comment