Sunday, February 28, 2010

Baby food - the lies exposed

So, I purchased a variety of foods in the "for babies" aisle. And the sweet stuff (fruit; oatmeal) wasn't half bad.

But I was really excited about finally getting to eat a "real" meal. Beef and vegetables. Chicken and rice. Beans and carrots.

And? It all tasted like intensely bland, overcooked squash.

If I were a baby/toddler with more cognitive skills and motor dexterity than the average baby/toddler, I would let my parents know they were being sold a bridge to nowhere. No wonder as soon as kids can, they eat crap. They've been lead astray in their precious formative years, being told that all of these tasty foods were really going to taste...well...tasty. Why should they now believe that a diet of only cheez doodlz, soda, and Snickers Bars isn't good for you?

I'm just sayin'...

--K..

4 comments:

  1. I think I might try putting the cheeze doodles in the blender....I wonder how peeps would be in the blender ...taffy?
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  2. With our first child we made our own food. Just cook it till soft and food processor it to oblivion. But I agree Karen, the stuff in the jar tastes like crap. Don't go near the Broccoli! I am going to work on liquefying a pork roast from our home grown pigs for ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is by far my favorite.. as i try to feed my nine month old the meat as i vomit from the smell expecting her to love it as much as i love chocolate! btw the magic bullet makes WONDERFUL treats, put anything in it and voila! it's ur baby food!

    ReplyDelete